It's your life. Take care of it with these community education classes and lectures.
Balance And Fall Prevention Screening And Lecture
The Balance and Fall Prevention Program is provided to assist in lowering the risk of falls by offering the following:
- Four-point functional screening.
- Statistics on falls and presentation of methods to prevent falls at home.
- Home exercise program for fall prevention at home.
- Instruction on home modifications.
- Questionnaire on the confidence you have to function safely at home.
- Ultrasound Bone Density and screening for Osteoporosis.
Arroyo Grande Community Hospital
Annex Conference Room
Call (805) 739-3973
How can palliative care comfort your loved one?
Join Larry Foreman, M.D., Medical Director of Palliative Care at Marian Regional Medical Center, for an informative lecture discussing the benefits of palliative care in improving the quality of life for those with a life-limiting illness. A question-and-answer session will be included.
Palliative care provides comfort through:
- Aggressive pain and symptom management
- Emotional and spiritual support
- Improves quality of life
- Support for loved ones and caregivers
This lecture series is free to the public. For information about future dates, please call (805) 739-3398.
Arroyo Grande Community Hospital (Annex Conference room)
345 S Halcyon Road
Arroyo Grande, CA 93420
Fridays, 6:30 - 7:30 pm
Call (805) 739-3578 for more information.