Your road to recovery, so you can return home, should be well planned and address your unique needs.
You have a choice when it comes to the rehab setting. Our team can help you create the best plan for your rehabilitation using the latest technologies and therapies available.
How To Begin
- Tell your doctor and case manager about your interest in the Arroyo Grande Acute Rehabilitation Center.
- Our clinical liaison/screener will evaluate your rehab needs and address the requirements for admission, including insurance. This information will be shared with you and your family.
- Upon acceptance, you will begin your journey home.
Your Patient Experience
You can expect to meet a team of hard-working, specialty trained health care professionals who produce high levels of patient satisfaction and significant results for patients rehabilitating from an injury or illness:
- Our center is located in the South Wing of Arroyo Grande Community Hospital. We provide a safe and caring environment in which patients and their caregivers learn to manage together affecting self-care, mobility, communication, cognitive skills, and other activities of daily living to maximize independence.
- Discharge planning begins at admission. The case manager/social worker will assist you and your family with all your needs before leave Acute Rehab. This includes the ordering of equipment and providing referrals to home care, outpatient or community services.
- Visiting hours at the Acute Rehab Center are from 10am to 8pm. Your mornings will filled with therapeutic activities and caregiver training. Most of our families visit between 4pm and 8pm.
- What to bring - suggested items to bring include:
- Up to two weeks of comfortable clothes
- Sturdy, low heeled shoes or sneakers
- Undergarments as well as a sweater or jacket
Community Advisory Board
At the Arroyo Grande Acute Rehabilitation Center, it is important that the health care decisions we make are representative of our patient's preferences and needs. To ensure this exists, we have established an Advisory Board that comprises of community members, former patients, family members, practitioners, and Acute Rehab Center staff.
Areas of focus include:
- Patient education program
- Enhancing the patient experience
- Policies and procedures development input
Our Advisory Board meets on a quarterly basis. To find out more about our board or inquire about membership call our Program Director at (805) 994-5458.
Referral Information For Your Doctor
Please direct your physician to our Acute Rehab referral line by calling (805) 503-8150.