Providing respiratory therapy with the latest pulmonary function testing technology available.
What is a Body Plethysmography?
A body plethysmography helps measure the functional residual capacity (FRC) of the lungs. Functional residual capacity (FRC) is the volume of air present in the lungs at the end of passive exhale, and monitoring the FRC can help determine certain respiratory illnesses. Low or high FRC volume typically indicates some form respiratory disease.
Platinum Elite Series Body Plethysmograph
The Platinum Elite Series™ body plethysmographs, comfort and superior testing performance seamlessly combine to create the most space-efficient, state-of-the-art plethysmograph. Health care professionals love the Platinum Elite body plethysmograph because of its compact design, ease of use, and comprehensive diagnostic capabilities. Patients love the roomier interior space and generous foot room. The Platinum Elite body plethysmograph has an unlimited weight capacity.
Patient Comfort and Convenience
We offer the largest usable patient space of all available plethysmographs. Those with mobility challenges access the cabin simply by turning and sitting-there's no need to "step up" or twist to enter. We took great care in designing our body plethysmograph because we know that patients breathe more normally when they are in a relaxed, pleasant testing environment.
- Sturdy metal seat with no weight capacity
- More knee and foot room to accommodate larger and tall patients
- Safe and simple "turn and sit" entry to the box with no need to "step-up"
- Molded elbow rests
- Patient always faces technologist to help
- with communication and understanding
Advanced Digital Technology
The Platinum Elite body plethysmograph system's new digital technology and enhanced features represent the Platinum Standard. Its ease of operation will meet pulmonary function testing needs for years to come.
- Self-monitoring, self-diagnostic, and self-adjusting circuitry simplifies system operation
- On-board "indicator lights" provide quick check of system performance
- Central control modules are mounted in slide-out trays for easy service access
- Optional internet based remote diagnostics for faster service
- To ensure rapid temperature equilibration, the body box is made out of aluminum
For additional information about our services please call (805) 473-7677.