The Family Caregiver Support Program at Marian Regional Medical Center is designed to empower caregivers as a member of our health care team. At the heart of the program is the Family Caregiver Navigator who assesses and links caregivers to program services, our collaborative partners, and in the greater community. The navigator also provides continued encouragement in person and by phone. The needs of Latino families are met through access to our Promotores network.
The Family Care Navigator will work with the family caregivers to assess, support, guide, and teach. Services are FREE and include:
- In-depth support and case management for the caregiver including an initial face to face assessment and ongoing support.
- “Powerful Tools for Family Caregivers,” a six-week class that helps caregivers develop tools to reduce stress, communicate effectively, manage emotions, and make tough caregiving decisions.
- Linkage to our collaborative partners for services such as counseling, respite, caregiver support groups, transportation, and other community resources.
- In-depth dementia consultations, if needed.
- Respite volunteers to provide much-needed breaks for caregivers.
- Access to our Promotoras Network for Spanish speaking families.
- For information about becoming a volunteer for the Family Caregiver Support Program, please click here.
For a referral and information, please call a Family Care Navigator at (805) 332-8590 or (805) 614-2085.