Specialized & Coordinated Care for Cardiovascular Conditions in Southern California
Cardiovascular conditions are those concerning the heart or vascular system (blood vessels). They can affect how well your heart works and how well it pumps blood throughout your body. If you have, or think you may have, a heart condition, Dignity Health Southern California is here to serve you with respect and humankindness. To learn more about our services for heart problems at one of our convenient locations in Long Beach, Northridge, Downtown LA, Glendale, and San Bernardino, Find a Doctor today.
Cardiovascular conditions that we treat include:
- Atrial fibrillation
- Cardiac arrest
- Carotid artery disease
- Heart valve disease
- Aortic valve disease
- Raynaud's disease
- Heart attack/acute myocardial infarction
- Congestive heart failure (CHF)
- Mitral valve disease
- Pulmonary valve disease
- Tricuspid valve disease
- Aortic aneurysms
- Adult congenital heart disease
- Heart disease
- High blood pressure/hypertension
- Marfan syndrome
- Peripheral artery disease (PAD)
- Renal artery stenosis
- Venous Problems
Causes of Cardiovascular Conditions
Cardiovascular conditions can be congenital (you are born with it) or they can develop over time. Causes include:
- High blood pressure
- Autoimmune diseases
- High cholesterol
- Cardiac tumors
- Infections such as rheumatic heart disease
- Excessive consumption of alcohol or caffeine
- Drug abuse
Most people have at least one risk factor for heart disease, but many wait too long before getting help. Learn your risk by taking our free heart health assessment today.
Symptoms of Cardiovascular Conditions
The signs and symptoms of cardiovascular conditions depend on the specific cause and if it’s damaging the heart or other vital organs.
Some signs and symptoms associated with heart problems include:
- Chest pain
- Palpitations or a feeling of fluttering in the chest
- Shortness of breath
- Edema (swelling)
What to Expect: Treating Cardiovascular Conditions at Dignity Health Southern California
Our heart care services at Dignity Health Southern California range from prevention and chronic disease management to advance diagnostic procedures and protocols. Our goal is to keep your heart beating strong.
Our heart care team at provides the care and attention you need to feel comfortable and confident with your medical treatment. Treatment and of your cardiovascular condition will depend on your risk factors, the cause, and the severity of your condition. There are a wide variety of treatments available for cardiovascular conditions. You and your doctor may consider these options:
- Cardiac rehabilitation helps patients adapt to life with their cardiovascular condition or recover and adapt after treatment.
- Minimally invasive procedures can treat some cardiovascular conditions.
- Heart surgery is frequently performed to correct defects and restore heart health.
- Medications can relieve symptoms and help minimize complications of cardiovascular disease.
Living a heart-healthy lifestyle can help you reduce your risk of developing new or worsening heart disease. This means quitting smoking if you smoke, reducing or managing stress, exercising regularly, eating a healthy diet, and maintaining a healthy weight.
Dignity Health provides specialized care for cardiovascular conditions in Southern California.