Dignity Health and our Sponsoring Congregations are committed to furthering the healing ministry of Jesus. We dedicate our resources to:
- Delivering compassionate, high-quality, affordable health services;
- Serving and advocating for our sisters and brothers who are poor and disenfranchised; and
- Partnering with others in the community to improve the quality of life.
People from around the world rely on St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center to be a leader in providing quality care, education and training, and development of new ways to prevent and treat complex health care challenges.
Dignity Health is committed to providing high-quality, affordable health care to the communities we serve. Above all else we value:
- Dignity - Respecting the inherent value and worth of each person.
- Collaboration - Working together with people who support common values and vision to achieve shared goals.
- Justice - Advocating for social change and acting in ways that promote respect for all persons and demonstrate compassion for our sisters and brothers who are powerless.
- Stewardship - Cultivating the resources entrusted to us to promote healing and wholeness.
- Excellence - Exceeding expectations through teamwork and innovation.
Dignity Health is strengthened in service by the membership of Catholic hospitals, founded by congregations of religious women, and hospitals that are not Catholic, founded by local communities or dedicated physicians. The same work of healing is central to all we do.
For guidance and moral foundation, Dignity Health's Catholic hospitals use The Ethical and Religious Directives, published by the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops.
For guidance and moral foundation, Dignty Health's secular hospitals use the Dignity Health Statement of Common Values.