The sound of a healthy beating heart is music to our ears at St. Mary’s Medical Center in San Francisco. Making sure your heart continues to beat strongly is always our focus, with extensive cardiology services all located in one setting.
Time to See a Doctor?
There are many factors that affect how well your heart functions, including lifestyle habits, age, and family history. Take our Health Risk Assessment to find out where you stand.
Get Started Now
Inside St. Mary’s, you’ll find an expert staff who combine the latest in technology with a caring, compassionate touch that sets us apart from anywhere else. Our cardiac surgeons are leaders in their field and consistently engage in research to advance the practice of cardiac medicine. And our hospital provides the latest technology to treat your heart.
We stay informed about the latest treatments and take an active role in advancing cardiac medicine. We treat congestive heart failure, heart attack, heart murmur and all forms of heart disease.
Accomplishments In Treating Heart Disease
- Being among the first in the country to use less-invasive techniques for coronary bypass surgery.
- Helping pioneer the minimally-invasive direct coronary artery bypass (MIDCAB) procedure.
- Performing a single-artery bypass on a still-beating heart.
- Assisting in the refinement of the revolutionary off-pump Coronary Artery Bypass (OPCAB), which eliminates the need for a heart-lung machine and reduces postsurgical neurological complications.
Cardiology Services And Tests
- Cardiac Catheterization Lab (fully digital)
- Cardiac Surgery
- Cardiac Testing
- Electrophysiology Studies (EPS)
- Nuclear Cardiology
- Peripheral Vascular Studies
You also find cardiac rehabilitation, an arrhythmia/cardiology clinic, and advanced treatment for heart attack and stroke.
We offer support during your entire experience with us and work directly with you in taking care of your heart not just while you are here, but also after you return home.
Learn More About Heart Care At St. Mary’s Medical Center
For more information about caring for your heart, please call . For a physician referral, call 800.444.2303 or use our search tool to Find a Doctor.