Know Your Risk
There are many factors that affect how well your heart functions, including lifestyle habits, age, and family history. Take our Health Risk Assessment to find out where you stand.
Cardiac Care Services in San Francisco, CA
The sound of a healthy beating heart is music to our ears at St. Mary’s Medical Center in San Francisco. Making sure your heart continues to beat strongly is always our focus, with extensive cardiology services all located in one setting. Inside St. Mary’s, you’ll find an expert staff who combine the latest in technology with a caring, compassionate touch that sets us apart from anywhere else. Our cardiac surgeons are leaders in their field and consistently engage in research to advance the practice of cardiac medicine. And our hospital provides the latest technology to treat your heart. We stay informed about the latest treatments and take an active role in advancing cardiac medicine. We treat congestive heart failure, heart attack, heart murmur and all forms of heart disease.
Accomplishments In Treating Heart Disease
- Being among the first in the country to use less-invasive techniques for coronary bypass surgery.
- Helping pioneer the minimally-invasive direct coronary artery bypass (MIDCAB) procedure.
- Performing a single-artery bypass on a still-beating heart.
- Assisting in the refinement of the revolutionary off-pump Coronary Artery Bypass (OPCAB), which eliminates the need for a heart-lung machine and reduces postsurgical neurological complications.
St. Mary’s Hospital provides a complete range of cardiac services and surgery including the four below.
You also find cardiac rehabilitation, an arrhythmia/cardiology clinic, and advanced treatment for heart attack and stroke.
We offer support during your entire experience with us and work directly with you in taking care of your heart not just while you are here, but also after you return home.
- STEMI Program
- Complex percutaneous coronary intervention and advanced chronic total occlusion techniques
- Rotation and orbital atherectomy and coronary imaging
- Non-invasive wire-free 3-D fractional flow reserve
- Percutaneous ventricular support with Impella and peripheral ECMO
- Peripheral artery intervention (subclavian, aortic, lower extremity) with latest advances in atherectomy and intravascular lithotripsy
- Tibiopedal arterial minimally invasive retrograde revascularization for critical limb ischemia
- Percutaneous treatment for massive and submassive pulmonary emboli and deep vein thrombosis
- CABG and valve surgeries
- His bundle pacing
- Electrophysiology study and catheter ablation
- Echocardiology with 3-D and strain imaging
- Nuclear stress testing
Arrhythmia and Cardiology Clinic
The cardiologists at St. Mary’s Medical Center are experts at managing your heart rhythm issues. Arrhythmia is a condition in which the heart beats with irregular or abnormal rhythm. It can be harmless, but can also lead to more serious outcomes. Learn More
Cardiac Rehab Services
If you have heart disease, treating it is very important. But it’s also just the first step. At St. Mary’s, we continue to monitor your progress after you return home. Learn More
Cardiac Testing Services
St. Mary’s Cardiology Services Division offers several types of cardiac and stress tests. Depending on your particular needs, a test may be non-invasive, minimally invasive or mildly invasive. The length of each procedure varies depending on the type of stress test necessary. Learn More
The Nuclear Medicine Department at St. Mary’s performs diagnostic intervention by administering tracer amounts of radioactive material to then look at the amount of radioactive material present in your heart in order to help diagnose heart disease. Learn More