Rehab and Therapy Services
St. Mary’s Rehab and Therapy Services, provided at our Outpatient Therapies Clinic, is a leader in rehabilitation services with a multidisciplinary team of highly experienced, expert physical, occupational, and speech therapists. Our therapists work with you one-on-one and are committed to helping you reach your goals. As a patient, you will see the same therapist for the duration of your care. And our facility features private rooms and a fully-equipped gym overlooking Golden Gate Park. We accept most insurance plans, including PPOs, Hill Physicians Medical Group HMO, Medicare, Medi-Cal, and workers compensation and. For some diagnoses we may also accept Brown and Toland HMO.
What to Expect
Here are some important things to remember as you prepare to visit us at St. Mary’s Rehab and Therapy Services:
- Please arrive 30 minutes early for your first appointment and register at the hospital’s Outpatient Registration on Level A.
- After you are registered, take the elevator to Outpatient Therapies on the 3rd floor and check in at the reception window.
- Wear appropriate clothing depending on the type of therapy you are receiving. For example, if you are coming for shoulder pain, wear a tank top to expose your shoulder.
- Your initial appointment will be approximately one hour in length.
- Your therapist will ask you many questions about the history of your problem and will also perform tests and measurements.
- Upon completion of the initial evaluation, you and your therapist will agree on a treatment plan. The therapist will communicate the plan to your physician.
St. Mary's provides expert treatment for women's urinary incontinence. If you are using a pad or limiting your activity out of fear of an incontinent accident, there are several ways to treat your condition. Learn More
Lymphedema is an abnormal increase of protein-rich fluid that causes swelling in the arms and legs. If left untreated it can interfere with wound healing and increase the risk of infection. Through effective management, patients can reduce pain and swelling, promote wound healing, prevent skin infections and improve functioning of the affected limb and quality of life. Learn More
Neuro Rehabilitation Physical Therapy
You or your loved one may need neurological rehabilitation if you have suffered from a stroke, brain injury, spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease, amputation or balance impairment. Learn More
According to the World Federation of Occupational Therapists, “The primary goal of occupational therapy is to enable people to participate in the activities of everyday life. Learn More
Speech and Language Pathology
We offer highly individualized evaluation and treatment of adults with disorders of speech or swallowing. After thorough evaluation, a speech and language pathologist will identify the areas of speech impairment to be addressed, be it cognition, sound production, expression or comprehension. Learn More
Spine and Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Our orthopedic physical therapists have the experience and advanced training to provide effective, personalized treatment aimed at restoring function, reducing pain and getting you back to your activities quickly. Learn More
To learn more about the St. Mary’s Rehab and Therapy Services, or to make an appointment, please call us at 415.750.5900