Developing new responses
Intentionally focused. Integrated health systems.
We're working with the faith community.
Center for Faith Health Ministries
At a time when health care systems are challenged to develop new responses, the Center for Faith Health Ministries intentionally focuses on integrating the health system with the faith community.
There are currently 24 multi-faith communities covenant with Dignity Health.
- Desert Cross Lutheran Church - Tempe
- First Baptist Church of Tempe
- Light and Life Free Methodist Church - Chandler
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Catholic Church - Queen Creek
- Christ the Victor Lutheran Church - Florence
- Christ Community Church - Chandler
- Corpus Christi Catholic Church - Ahwatukee
- Desert Cross Lutheran Church - Gilbert
- Saving Grace Lutheran Church - Queen Creek
- Red Mountain United Methodist Church - Mesa
- San Tan Christian Community Center - Queen Creek
- St. Mary Magdalene Catholic Church - Queen Creek
- St. Stevens Catholic Church - Sun Lakes
- Sun Lakes United Methodist Church
- Sun Lakes United Church of Christ
- Victory Lutheran Church - Mesa
- Cross Roads Nazarene Church - Chandler
- First United Methodist Church of Gilbert
- Chandler Christian Community Center
- Chandler United Methodist Church
- St. Mary’s Catholic Church - Chandler
- St. Matthew Episcopal Church - Chandler
- Sun Lakes Lutheran Church
- Church of Celebration - Maricopa
Through the integration of faith and health, the Center for Faith Health Ministries is recognized as a best practice model working with faith community nurses and lay health leaders who minister to heal brokenness, promote holistic health, teach chronic disease management to help prevent injury and further illness. The Center has integrated 17 faith community nurses with our hospital staff to provide discharge transition care, end of life care and practical research oriented toward validating more appropriate use of health care dollars, which is reflected through decreasing hospital readmissions.