We can't change the world by ourselves. Partnering with others who share our mission and values is necessary to bring about real and lasting improvements. Dignity Health's Community Grants Program is one way we are working collaboratively to improve the health and well-being of vulnerable and underserved populations in the communities we serve. The Community Health Improvement Grants program has awarded $91 million to nearly 3,800 health improvement projects since 1991.
About the Community Health Improvement Grants Initiative
Every Dignity Health hospital has conducted a community health assessment and has identified strategic priorities based on this assessment.The Community Health Improvement Grants program’s funding criteria help to ensure that its charitable resources address significant health needs in ways that demonstrate accountability for impact. Grant applicants should ensure that their proposed projects:
- Address one or more prioritized significant needs in the local hospital’s Community Health Needs Assessment (CHNA) and Implementation Strategy
- Serve identified vulnerable or underserved populations, to help address health disparities
- Include three or more collaborating organizations (an “Accountable Care Community”) with distinct, complementary and substantive roles
- Work in some capacity with the local Dignity Health hospital
- Identify, evaluate and report on specific and measurable outcome goals
2023 Community Health Improvement Grants program information
Questions? For more information about Community Health Improvement Grants, please contact Theresa Dettler, or call (480) 728-5717.