Volunteers are essential to our healing ministry at Chandler Regional Medical Center. Our Volunteers are special, caring individuals who give of their time, without pay, to assist with patient and non-patient care in our medical facilities. Many of our volunteers enjoy helping others and each brings a personal touch to our staff, patients, and their families
If you value making a difference in the lives of others, then think no further, Chandler Regional is the perfect place for you to share your time and talents.
Who Can Volunteer?
Our program is comprised of two groups, adult volunteers and student volunteers.
- Adult Volunteers – Our adult volunteers represent all segments of the community. Many find pleasure in giving back to their communities by providing excellent care to our patients and their families during their hospital stay.
- Summer Volunteens (Teen Volunteers) – Each summer, Chandler Regional provides a unique opportunity for teens to develop leadership skills while making a difference in the lives of others. If you are interested in helping others, learning about new health care careers, or acquiring lifelong career skills, then Dignity Health is the place for you! You must be 14 – 18 years old to participate. Click here to learn more about our Summer Volunteen program.
Benefits of Volunteering
Many of our volunteers were former patients in our hospitals. They were so touched by the personal care and kindness they felt while in the hospital and want to be able to pay it forward by donating their time to others in need. Volunteers also receive the benefit of:
- Making new friends and meeting new people
- Developing new interests
- Learning new skills
- Making a difference in someone's life
- Enjoying the satisfaction that comes from helping others
- Awards and recognition
As part of the volunteer interview process, we do our best to match your special skills to service area needs. Volunteers are an integral part of our team and we want your experience to be fulfilling and rewarding. Some of the support roles include:
- Assisting with hospital and outreach events
- Navigating patients and visitors
- Leading training and educational sessions
- Providing companionship
- Assisting in our gift shop
Join our Team
We are always recruiting for new volunteers.
Adult Volunteer Requirements:
- Must be 19 years of age and out of high school
- A minimum 6-month/100 hour commitment is required
- Mandatory health requirements including Tuberculosis (TB) surveillance and flu vaccination
- Must agree to background check
Apply to Volunteer at Chandler Regional Medical Center. After we receive your application, we will contact you to set up a personal interview.
Contact Chandler Regional’s Volunteer Services
For more information, please call the Volunteer Services Department at (480) 728-3308.