About the Series
Dignity Health East Valley desires to become a comprehensive center for women’s health, providing compassionate, transitional care for women across each stage of her life. We want to partner with expert physicians to develop high-quality care for women across multiple service lines including obstetrics, pediatrics, adolescent women’s health, breast health, GYN-ONC, pelvic health, women’s heart health and other services. This CME series is designed to address topics that are not only important to women’s health but will help educate community providers on causes, conditions, and treatment affecting adult women today. This series will complement Dignity Health program development around a comprehensive women’s center at MGMC; by offering relevant topics in each area and presented by local experts
3rd Annual Women's Heart and Vascular Symposium
- Review social determinants of health and the impact it plays on women’s health.
- Assess the intersectionality of disparities, beyond sex including veterans and women active in the military; rural communities and the transgender population.
- Assess the maternal mortality crisis in the most vulnerable patient populations and solutions.
- Assess the cardioobstretrics collaboration and life beyond pregnancy.
- Address the best practice for blood pressure management during pregnancy.
- Review best management for open artery ischemia.
- Review emerging lipid-lowering therapies in diverse patient populations.
- Create your personal antibias/antiracist toolkit.
- Review complex cardiovascular cases addressing percutaneous vs. surgical revascularization; medical management vs revascularization and late presenting myocardial infarction complications.
Saturday, November 20, 2021