Skin To Skin Bonding
Chandler Regional’s skin-to-skin bonding program, Kangaroo Care, encourages mom and dad to bond with their newborn immediately after birth. The program establishes a warm, welcoming environment that fosters early closeness and connection for the new family.
What is skin-to-skin bonding?
Skin-to-skin bonding means your newborn is placed unclothed onto your chest against your skin, and under a blanket—helping baby feel safe and warm and maintain a healthy blood sugar. At Chandler Regional, your baby will be placed on your chest right after birth.
Benefits of skin-to-skin bonding
- Soothes and comforts baby
- Stabilizes baby’s temperature and vital signs
- Gives baby better oxygenation and blood sugar levels
- Stimulates milk production
- Causes your uterus to contract and bleed less
- Promotes feelings of closeness and protectiveness
- Provides the best opportunity to get breastfeeding off to a good start
- Provides a quiet time for your new family to connect
Learn More About Family Birth Center Services At Chandler Regional
For more information about postpartum care at Chandler Regional, we invite you to take a Family Birth Center tour. To register, please call (480) 728-5414, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.