Our patients at the Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Care program at Chandler Regional Medical Center benefit from the expertise of multiple medical disciplines. Our surgeons are board certified and fellowship trained in hepatobiliary and pancreas surgery and have completed over 100 hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgeries. In fact, we are one of only a few sites in Arizona offering minimally-invasive, robotic whipple for:
- Advanced pancreatic cancer; and
- Diseases of the pancreas, bile duct, and duodenum
We combine expert multidisciplinary teams and comprehensive strategies to provide our patients with the highest quality care and best outcomes. Through our Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Care program, we offer an array of patient-focused services including:
- Bi-weekly Tumor Board Conference – A team of physicians, surgeons, and health professionals in different specialties with unique perspectives convenes to critically review each patient’s case and provide recommendations for care and treatment. This skilled team ensures that expertly developed care is personalized for each patient in a collaborative treatment approach.
- Nurse Navigator – A skilled and compassionate nurse navigator follows up with each patient post tumor board to ensure that he/she understands their treatment plan and also understands how to follow through with the plan of care. Our navigator acts as an advocate and guide for each patient.
- Advanced Surgery – Innovative, minimally invasive surgical therapies and treatments including robotic surgery which can provide many benefits such as faster recovery with less pain and scarring, fewer complications and a shorter hospital stay.