Neurology involves the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the brain, spinal cord, and nerves. Providing high quality neurological care requires a team of highly specialized doctors and nurses. Chandler Regional’s team of neurosurgeons, neurologists, intensivists, orthopedic spine surgeons, oncologists, anesthesiologists and nurse practitioners understand the importance of balancing clinical expertise with compassion for patients suffering from neurological conditions.
Chandler Regional provides patients with important, evidence-based neurological medical treatments including access to the clot-busting drug Activase® for stroke victims, as well as complex surgical techniques for brain and spinal injuries.
Neurological conditions we treat include:
- Disorders of the spine, stenosis, herniated discs, scoliosis and degeneration
- Disorders of the spinal cord and/or nervous system, such as trauma, infectious and demyelinating processes, genetic disorders and degenerative processes
- Infectious and degenerative processes
- Traumatic brain Injury —when the head suddenly and violently hits an object, or when an object pierces the skull and enters brain tissue
- Vascular or structural malformation—abnormalities of arteries and veins