As a Joint Commission-certified Primary Stroke Center, Chandler Regional has taken exceptional efforts to ensure we provide the highest quality stroke care available. We focus on providing better outcomes for stroke victims through fast, coordinated care and advanced treatment options.
Superior Stroke Care—When Every Second Counts
Stroke can leave behind devastating long-term effects for its victims. Chandler Regional has access to the clot-busting drug Activase® however it must be administered within a short (four) hour window from the onset of symptoms.
- Our stroke team receives advance notification and detailed information about a patient’s condition by Emergency Medical Services, allowing us to be ready the moment they pass through our emergency room doors
- Approved to treat patients with the intravenous infusion of Activase®, the only FDA-approved medication for stroke, given within four-and-a-half hours of symptom onset
- Licensed physical and occupational speech therapists specializing in neuro-rehabilitation
- Short stay unit where patients receive expedited care and diagnostic testing for a suspected TIA, or mild stroke
- Stroke support groups for survivors and caregivers
Our stroke center team follows the American Stroke Association Get with the Guidelines Patient Program to track quality outcomes and review processes to continually enhance our care.
Stroke Center Educational Program
Our stroke center staff participates in community education programs and events to spread stroke symptom awareness. We teach children and adults to act F.A.S.T.
as a way of identifying symptoms of a stroke. If you feel you or a loved one may be having a stroke, call 9-1-1
Partnership with Barrow Neurological Institute
As a Dignity Health Member, Chandler Regional’s Primary Stroke Center is affiliated with one of the nation’s leading neurological hospitals, Barrow Neurological Institute
, giving our patients priority access to consultation and treatment for stroke rehabilitation by world-renowned neurologists.
Learn More About Chandler Regional’s Stroke Center
Our Stroke Center offers support groups for stroke victims and their families. For more information please call (480) 728-5414