Chandler Regional offers an orthopedic care class for anyone who’s decided to undergo a hip or knee replacement, or is considering it. Knowing what to expect before, during and after your joint replacement will not only put your mind at ease, but it is key to a successful recovery.
Our comprehensive joint replacement program will address your role and needs from pre-surgery through your recovery. We will also help prepare your family for how they can be a supportive partner in your recovery process. Our goal is to prepare you physically and mentally so you can regain your independence and enjoy an active lifestyle.
This free, hour-long orthopedic care class, taught by the nurses and staff of the orthopedic department, covers everything you need to know about the procedure:
- Pre-habilitation exercises to maximize joint mobility and strength
- Post-operative planning, including home safety preparation, medications and supplies, and healthy healing meal planning
- Review of your orthopedic surgery procedure
- Post-surgical pain management and wound care
- Rehabilitation equipment, goals and exercises
- Resources such as advanced directive forms, Department of Transportation forms for temporarily disabled people and local skilled nursing facilities (i)f needed
- A tour of the orthopedic unit to view patient rooms, amenities and equipment
Learn More About Orthopedic Care And Surgery At Chandler Regional
Once your surgery is scheduled, a representative from Central Scheduling will call to sign you up for the class or you may call the Joint Program Coordinator at (480) 728-3690 to register.