Emergency Care 24/7
Let us know you're coming. Select your estimated hospital arrival time and wait at home until your scheduled arrival time.
Emergency & Trauma Services
St. Joseph's Emergency Department physicians are board-certified in Emergency Medicine, and our nursing staff is certified in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Trauma Nurse Core Curriculum (TNCC). In addition, our Emergency Department and Trauma Center was the first ACS Level I Trauma Center in the state that is verified by the American College of Surgeons.
Leader in Emergency & Trauma Care
The Emergency Department features:
- Six trauma bays with cutting-edge technology, including overhead X-ray machines and equipment booms.
- 72 emergency bays. All the rooms in the ED are equipped for patients of any acuity, both adult and pediatric.
- A family consultation room.
- A family viewing room.
- A special area for computed tomography and radiology. This area contains two new 64-slice CT scanners. These will facilitate quicker and clearer images of patients.
- An ambulance entrance, walk-in entrance and waiting area.
- A heliport, which is located on top of the Barrow Neuroscience Tower.
Free-standing Emergency Departments
Visit one of our free-standing Emergency Departments.
Classes and Conferences
Enhance your knowledge of the participants who promote patient care and professional growth.
Online ER Waiting Service
By using the convenient InQuicker online tool, you can select your estimated hospital arrival time and wait at home until your time to be seen. Find a Dignity Health facility near you. Choose where and when to go. Relax at home until your selected time.
The best way to avoid becoming a trauma victim is through education. At St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center Trauma Services Department, we provide educational programs and information to help keep you and your loved ones safe. We attend community events, and are available to schools and organizations to provide presentations.
For over two decades, St. Joseph's has been committed to maintaining a leadership role in advancing excellence in trauma care throughout Arizona. That commitment is demonstrated by maintaining national recognition by the American College of Surgeon's (ACS) Committee on Trauma.