At Dignity Health, challenges like the COVID-19 pandemic reinforce our commitment to caring for all. The safety of our visitors, patients, local communities, employees, and physicians remains our highest priority.
If you need to visit one of our hospitals, please know that we’ve taken extra steps to help ensure that we’re safe and ready for you.
We are following safety guidelines from the CDC and state leaders, and we’ve established important guidelines for anyone visiting our hospital, such as:
It’s important that if you are facing an emergency, you do not delay care. Call 911 or proceed immediately to the nearest emergency room. Here are examples of symptoms or emergencies where you should always seek emergency treatment:
- High fever, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Heart attack: Chest pain or discomfort, upper body pain or discomfort, shortness of breath (especially if coupled with jaw pain, fatigue, nausea, sweating and sudden dizziness)
- Stroke: Face drooping, arm weakness, speech difficulty
- Deep cuts, lacerations, or skin infections
- Broken bones or traumatic injuries
- Severe abdominal or stomach pain
- Worsening symptoms related to chronic/ongoing conditions
Don’t hesitate to get the care you need when you need it. You can also use our online arrival system, so our emergency care team will be alerted that you’re on your way. See available arrival times at DignityHealth.org/ER.
Urgent Care for Non-Emergency Emergencies
No one plans a trip to urgent care, but it’s at those moments that we need kindness the most. Dignity Health Medical Group — Dominican’s urgent care is conveniently located in Capitola on 41st Avenue, and offers same-day treatment for non-emergency medical conditions.
Our Urgent Care center in Capitola has the resources to get you on the path to wellness. We are open daily, from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. including weekends and holidays.
Dominican Urgent Care
1820 41st Avenue, Suite C
Capitola, CA 95010
Directions and Location
Our Westside Family Practice also offers Saturday and Sunday walk-in hours between 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Dominican Family Practice - Westside
2018 Mission Street
Santa Cruz, CA 95060
No matter which Dignity Health emergency room or urgent care center you visit, our focus is safety first, healing always.