Your Health Is Your Most Valuable Asset
Protect it by understanding your risk for disease and taking steps
to prevent problems whenever possible.
Health & Wellness
At Dominican Hospital we believe that if you take care of yourself, you'll feel better and enjoy a better quality of life. The doctors and medical professionals at Dominican Hospital is here to help keep you feeling good.
Center for Lifestyle Management
Located at 610 Frederick Street, about a mile and a half from Dominican Hospital, our Center for Lifestyle Management promotes better health for you and your community. We offer small classes and one-on-one appointments. Your doctor can also refer you to our disease management programs, including Cardiac Risk Reduction, Diabetes Management, and Pulmonary Rehabilitation.
Our staff has a broad spectrum of experience and expertise. They include:
- Clinical exercise physiologists
- Registered dieticians
- Registered nurses
- Respiratory therapists
Enrich Your Life
Our Personal Enrichment Programs will help you get the most out of your mind and body. That's our mission.
Our PEP education program offers a wide variety of health, wellness, and rehabilitation classes for people of all ages and abilities.Our classes are designed and taught by health care professionals who understand the unique, complex health care needs of different individuals and groups of people. Our teachers are skilled clinicians who can also keep a watchful eye and refer you for medical care if needed.
Examples of classes include:
- Prepare you for surgery
- Provide a gentle transition from inpatient or outpatient therapy
- Push you to greater levels of function and fitness
A wide variety of classes includes:
- Aquatic rehabilitation and exercise
- Balance classes
- Childbirth and parenting classes
- Classes on nutrition, aging, stress reduction
- Nutrition counselling and wellness coaching
- Mind/Body classes including mindfulness stress reduction, Tai Chi/Qi Gong
- Strength building and conditioning
- Support groups
- Yoga and Pilates