Know Your Risk
There are many factors that affect how well your heart functions, including lifestyle habits, age, and family history. Take our free Heart Health Risk Assessment to find out where you stand.
Advanced Cardiac Care here in Santa Cruz County
Dominican Hospital’s nationally recognized heart and vascular program provides the most comprehensive cardiac services in the Monterey Bay area. We deliver a wide range of advanced cardiac care treatments, innovative procedures including minimally invasive robotic surgery and cardiac valve repair, as well as diagnostic technology, preventive education and cardiac rehabilitation programs. At Dominican Hospital, you can trust our expert doctors, cardiac specialists, nurses, and staff to help keep your heart beating strong, and prevent problems from developing.
Know Your Risk - Take an Online Risk Assessment
Your heart has done so much for you and those you love. Isn’t it time you return the favor? Learn more about your risk for heart disease. Millions of people have at least one risk factor, yet many aren’t aware and don’t take steps to reduce their chances of developing heart disease.
We offer a heart health assessment and a peripheral artery disease assessment. You can take one or both to find out if you are at risk for heart disease or PAD, and what you can do to prevent them. It’s free and only takes a few minutes.
Prevention and Education
- Dare to C.A.R.E.: Dare to C.A.R.E. is a free heart and vascular disease education and screening program provided as a cooperative effort through Dominican Hospital and Dominican Hospital Foundation. Learn More
- Health Risk Assessment: Understand your risk and protect your heard by taking a free online heart health or peripheral artery disease(PAD) assessment to find out if you are at risk for heart disease what you can do to prevent it. Learn More
- Dominican’s Cardiac Risk Reduction program is nationally certified by the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation and offers the following services:
- Monitored exercise therapy
- Nutritional assessment and recommendations
- Education on stress management, smoking cessation, medications, exercise, weight management and nutrition
- Lifestyle coaching to help you reach your health goals
- Heart Connections support group
- Learn More
Cardiac Interventions and Procedures
If your physician recommends a procedure for you, you can rest assured that state of the art cardiac care is available right here in our community. Dominican Hospital provides a full range of cardiac interventions and procedures as well as minimally invasive and comprehensive surgical services.
- Treatments for Abnormal Heartbeats (arrhythmias)
- Implantable Cardiac Defibrillators
- Implantable Cardiac Monitors
- Advanced Cardiac Cath Lab Procedures
- Coronary artery stenting and balloon angioplasty
- Transcatheter Valve Repair for aortic valve (TAVR) and mitral valve(TMVR)
- Endovascular Aortic Repair (EVAR)
- Revascularization of peripheral vessels
- Intravascular Lithotripsy
Dominican Hospital offers minimally invasive and comprehensive surgery options for your cardiac vascular care. Our state of the art operating rooms and newly dedicated hybrid cardiovascular operating suite ensure that emergencies, as well as routine procedures, can always be accommodated. Learn More
- Minimally Invasive robotic surgeries
Dominican provides advanced cardiac techniques that no longer require opening the patient’s chest or legs for a surgical procedure.
- Robotic Cardiothoracic vascular surgery with the daVinci Xi Robot
- Comprehensive cardiac surgeries
- Coronary bypass (open-heart) surgery
- Chest or lung procedures including aortic aneurysm repairs
- Surgical repair or replacement of the heart valves (mitral & aortic)
State-of-the-Art Care: Our New Hybrid Operating Room
Dominican Hospital’s new comprehensive heart surgery operating suite enables our team of radiologists, cardiologists and heart surgeons to work seamlessly alongside each other—in the same room, at the same time. The advanced technology offers enhanced treatment of complex heart diseases. The result is shorter surgeries, reduced hospital stays, lower infection risk, faster recovery and fewer follow-up procedures.
Emergency Cardiac Care
For cardiac emergencies, Dominican’s Cardiovascular Intervention Lab is available 24/7 with highly specialized cardiac caregivers and staff experienced in the diagnoses and treatment in complex heart procedures. Dominican is the designated STEMI (heart attack) Receiving Center for Santa Cruz County and a Joint Commission certified Chest Pain Center. Through a partnership with local EMS, the Dominican Hospital Emergency Room team gathers patient information from the field so that a cardiac care team can be ready when the patient arrives. Our emergency care includes:
- New state of the art hybrid cardiac surgical services suite
- Emergent diagnosis and treatment of ST Elevated Myocardial Infarct (STEMI)
- Emergent cardiac stent and balloon angioplasty
- Treatment of life threatening cardiac arrhythmias
- Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump
- Extra Corporeal Life Support
Helping you live a healthy life is just one of our goals at Dominican Hospital. If you’ve suffered a heart attack or had a life-saving procedure like heart surgery, our cardiac rehabilitation program can help to get you on the right track.
For heart attack, angioplasty, stent, heart failure and surgery patients, our cardiac rehabilitation team offers a safe, monitored environment for patients to regain their strength and confidence. Cardiac rehabilitation programs are customized for individual needs and led by clinical exercise physiologists and specially trained nurses.Benefits of Cardiac Rehabilitation
Studies show that participating in a cardiac rehab program can:
- Increase your life expectancy
- Reduce hospitalizations for heart-related conditions
- Lower your risk of having another heart attack
- Improve your health so you develop fewer heart disease risk factors
- Reduce depression, anger and anxiety
Details and Directions
Dominican Hospital Cardiac Care is located at 1555 Soquel Drive, Santa Cruz.