Dominican Hospital offers comfortable labor and delivery, recovery and postpartum rooms for you and your family. We know how important it is to have your loved ones around you, especially at this special time of life. Family members can spend the night on a pull-out bed; even siblings can be present during the birth of your new baby, should you desire.
Additional Birth Center Features
- Our Birth Center is a locked secure unit—matching armbands will be placed on you, your baby and your support person. Your baby will also wear an alarm-activated ankle monitor
- Lactation and breastfeeding support—while at the Birth Center and follow-up care after you go home
- Comfortable overnight sleeping accommodations for your support person
- Free WiFi in the Birth Center and throughout the hospital
- Each labor suite includes a TV, DVD player, stereo, and refrigerator
- Our postpartum rooms have been designed with double beds, a table with chairs, and couches to encourage comfortable “rooming in” with your infant, so your baby can stay in your room to facilitate bonding.
Lucile Packard Children’s Hospital Stanford – Level III NICU
Chances are, your baby will be perfect in every way, but if he or she is premature or requires intensive care, your newborn will receive care right here at Dominican Hospital's 14-bed Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU). Families appreciate the state-of-the-art technology and knowledgeable staff that is available for their infant’s care, while staying close to home.
Our Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) provides highly specialized, family centered care for newborns that require extra attention. Our dedicated team of board-certified neonatal doctors and highly skilled nursing staff are prepared to meet the unique needs of our smallest patients, from preterm infants, to our full term newborns.
Birth Center Tours
Thinking of starting or adding to your family tree? We invite you to take a free Birth Center tour, where you will view our spacious, private birthing suites, learn what to bring to the hospital, and participate in a group question and answer session.
Zika Virus and Pregnancy
View our Zika Virus and Pregnancy Frequently Asked Questions sheet
As a Baby-Friendly Hospital™, Dominican prioritizes breastfeeding and skin-to-skin contact, and provides the support and education needed for a successful breastfeeding journey..
Car Seat Safety
Did you know that three out of four car seats are installed incorrectly? Dignity Health Dominican Hospital’s Safely Home Car Seat Fitting program offers car seat checks and installation for patients and community members.
Frequently asked questions about Dominican Hospital’s Birth Center for you and your family.
Midwives & Natural Childbirth
At Dominican Hospital, we take “humankindness” seriously, so our certified nurse midwives go the extra mile to ensure every birth is not only a natural one, but a healthy and memorable one too. We believe in providing our moms and families with a warm, safe, and homelike environment, but you are never alone. We are here 24/7, gently supporting you every step of the way, empowering you to have the type of pregnancy and natural birth you desire.
Learn More About Dominican's Birth Center
Take our free Birth Center tour and see all that we have to offer. For tour dates and times or additional information about our Birth Center, please call 831.457.7099