The most important thing to bring is an approved infant car seat. During your hospital stay, Dominican Hospital offers free car seat check and installation so you can go home safely.
You may also want to bring a going-home outfit for the baby and perhaps a receiving blanket for extra warmth. As a special gift, Dominican provides a newborn outfit.
Dominican will provide whatever is needed for the baby during your hospital stay, i.e. diapers, t-shirts, blankets.
During your stay, we provide you with the following items:
- Mom: hospital gown, slipper socks, brief panties, pads, breastfeeding support and essentials, and aromatherapy
- Baby: diapers, t-shirts, blankets, and receiving blankets
In addition, we provide you with some comfort items to take home:
- Mom: essentials for the first few days at home
- Baby: diaper bag, onesie, hat, socks, and receiving blanket gift
You are welcome to bring anything that will make your stay more comfortable. Here are some items many new moms find helpful.
Mom and Partner
- Personal toiletries (toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, conditioner, body wash, etc.)
- Lip balm
- Personal electronics (smartphones, computers, and tablets)
- Camera, batteries, and chargers
- Driver’s license or ID card, insurance card, pediatrician and OBGYN contact information
- Flip flops
- Swimsuit for partner (if mom plans to shower during labor)
- Change of clothes for partner
- Nursing bras and nursing pads
- Comfortable clothes to wear home (generally maternity clothes)
- Breastfeeding pillow, if desired
- Car seat (mandatory)
- Blankets and an outfit for going home
Download and print our helpful guide.