Matter of Balance (MOB)
Many older adults experience concerns about falling and restrict their activities. A MATTER OF BALANCE (MOB) is an award-winning program designed to manage falls and increase activity levels.
This program emphasizes practical strategies to manage falls.
You will learn to:
- view falls as controllable
- set goals for increasing activity
- make changes to reduce fall risks at home
- exercise to increase strength and balance
Who should attend?
- anyone concerned about falls
- anyone interested in improving balance, flexibility and strength
- anyone who has fallen in the past
- anyone who has restricted activities because of falling concerns
MOB includes facilitated discussions and a gentle but effective exercise program.
For more information please call Janel Jurosky, MSN, RN, Community Health Nurse & Educator at (650) 367-5101.