Mitral Valve Center
Call today to schedule an appointment at (650) 367-5858.
The surgeons and cardiologists at Sequoia Hospital’s Heart and Vascular Institute are known throughout the West Coast as experts in evaluating and treating mitral valve disorders. We specialize in a variety of treatment options including minimally-invasive (surgical) treatment options and offer years of experience in providing individualized care plans with the best possible outcomes.
Coming From Out of Town?
If you are coming to the Sequoia Hospital Heart and Vascular Institute from outside of the Bay Area, our team is ready to help you prior to your arrival.
We are located approximately 30 minutes from San Francisco International Airport and can provide guidance about:
- Hotel and/or lodging options in the area
- Transportation options to and from the hospital
- Coordinating multiple appointments you may have during your visit
We can coordinate a complimentary teleconference for you to speak to one of our cardiac specialists prior to your appointment at Sequoia Hospital. During the phone/video conference, one of our specialists will review your upcoming appointment and answer any questions you may have before your departure.
Please contact Julie Biglieri at (650) 367-5858 for travel-related questions or to arrange a phone/video consultation to speak with a cardiac specialist and have your case reviewed.
Why Sequoia Hospital?
Nationally Recognized for Cardiac Care
It makes a difference where you’re treated for heart care. Sequoia Hospital has the experience to ensure a safe and successful procedure and to get you back to health as quickly as possible.
- We provide some of the fastest emergency cardiac care in California, beating the American Heart Association’s recommended treatment time nearly 100 percent of the time.
- We have one of the highest heart valve replacement survival rates in the nation, according to the Society of Thoracic Surgeons (STS).
- Our cardiac arrhythmia program has completed more than 5,000 atrial fibrillation (A-Fib) ablation procedures, making it one of the highest A-Fib ablation performing institutes on the West Coast.
- Our cardiac surgeons have performed more than 4,000 minimally invasive operations, which may help reduce hospital stay and shorten recovery times.
- We were designated as a Blue Distinction Center for Cardiac Care for demonstrating expertise in delivering safe and effective cardiac care in 2016.
- In Healthgrades' 2017 Report to the Nation, Sequoia was named as one of America’s 50 best hospitals for cardiac surgery and among top 10 percent of hospitals in the nation for cardiac care, as well as a Five-Star recipient for valve surgery and treatment of heart attack.
Meet the Sequoia Cardiac Team
Who We Treat
The cardiac specialists at Sequoia Hospital are known for performing heart surgeries with outstanding results. This is why Sequoia often serves the one of the best options available for patients with mitral valve disease, including mitral regurgitation, mitral valve prolapse and mitral valve dysfunction with atrial fibrillation.