The minimally invasive da Vinci Xi Surgical System offers your surgeon better vision, precision, dexterity, and control during surgery. It is a minimally invasive alternative to traditional open surgery.
For you, it may mean:
- Significantly less pain
- Less blood loss
- Less scarring
- Shorter recovery time
- Faster return to normal daily activities
- In many cases, better clinical outcomes
Minimally Invasive Surgery With Better Vision, Precision, Dexterity and Control
With the da Vinci robot, your surgeon operates through a single small incision, even smaller than traditional laparoscopy. The system features a magnified, 3D, high-definition vision system and special wristed instruments, controlled by your surgeon, that bend and rotate much more than the human wrist.
Minimally invasive surgery for a wide range of conditions
- Bladder cancer, kidney cancer, and other kidney disorders
- General surgery – There are a variety of conditions that can benefit from robotic-assisted surgery, including colon- and reflux-related procedures.
- Gynecologic problems—fibroid tumors, endometriosis, heavy menstrual bleeding, ovarian cysts, cancer and pelvic prolapse. When medicine, lifestyle changes and other non-invasive treatment don’t ease your symptoms.
- Prostate cancer—If you are considering surgery, you may be a candidate for removal of your prostate gland. Talk to your doctor about how minimally invasive robotic surgery may cure your cancer while preserving erectile nerve function.
Other conditions may benefit from robotic surgery. If you need surgery, ask your doctor if minimally invasive robotic surgery would be an option for you.
Find A Surgeon
To find a surgeon, please visit our online Find a Doctor search tool.