To schedule an appointment, please call (209) 754-2968.
Consider these advantages of chiropractic care:
- Adjust patients’ spinal or other joints to correct joint dysfunctions interfering with proper nervous system control and integration of body function.
- Treat patients by adjusting the spinal column to manipulate joints and soft tissues.
- Adjust patients using Activator techniques.
- Treat patients with Graston/Guasha techniques to maintain optimal range of motion.
- Treat patients with cupping techniques to relieve pain and stiffness of muscles.
- Provide services that help improve mobility, relieve pain, and prevent or limit physical disabilities of patients suffering from injuries or disease.
- Perform exercises, electrical stimulation, paraffin baths, hot and cold packs, traction, and ultrasound.
- Treat patients by applying sports and fitness tape for muscle, ligament and tendon pain relief and support.
- Educate patients on general health matters such as exercise and nutrition.
Mark Twain Medical Center (MTMC) has recruited a new local chiropractor to begin caring for patients in two locations.
Shikha Jain, Doctor of Chiropractic, has recently became a member of the Mark Twain Medical Center Staff and will be practicing at both the James Dalton Medical Office in Angels Camp, and the Copperopolis Medical Clinic.
“Chiropractic care is a new service line for MTMC," remarked Doug Archer, President and CEO of MTMC. “We are excited to offer our patients and the entire community greater access to our local quality health care services. Growing our local network of care is just one of our many areas that we are focusing on in our commitment to ‘A New Era in Hometown Health Care’. Our Clinics and Hospital are constantly updating equipment, and implementing new technology. In addition to our specialists on staff, and quality local services available, our teams collaborate with our CommonSpirit partners in the Dignity Health system to connect our patients and their families with exceptional health care whenever a higher level of care is needed. We believe that all persons should access to exceptional health care, and are proud to be able to offer Chiropractic care as another service that elevates pain and enhances quality of life.”
Dr. Jain obtained her Doctor of Chiropractic at the Southern California University of Health Sciences and completed her internship in Woodland Hills, CA. at Elite Sports Medicine. Prior to moving to Calaveras County, she practiced in Gilroy the last four years.
“I am so happy to be both working and living in this community, stated Jain. “Each person has a unique story that creates their own individual plan of care. I look forward to assisting patients with their goals in maintaining a healthy lifestyle, by providing treatments that help improve mobility, relieve pain, and prevent or limit physical disabilities of patients suffering from injuries or disease. I am looking forward to working with the providers in the community as we collaborate in care to support and educate patients on general health matters such as exercise and nutrition.”