Healthy Living Self-Management Workshops
Take charge of your health. This evidence based program developed by Stanford University will teach you:
- Techniques on how to deal with problems such as frustration, fatigue, pain and isolation.
- Exercise to maintain and improve strength, flexibility and endurance.
- Stress and depression management techniques.
- Effective communication skills to use with family, friends and health professionals.
- Nutrition habits for healthy living.
2019 English Classes August 7 – September 11, 2019
Chronic Disease Self-Management Program
Columbus Estates Senior Living
3201 Columbus St.
Bakersfield, CA 93306
Meets Wednesdays for 6 weeks
3:00 PM – 5:30 PM
2019 Spanish Classes Ninguno en este momento
2019 Diabetes Empowerment Education Program (DEEP)
Our Free Diabetes Empowerment Education Workshops (DEEP) will help you acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to reduce complications resulting from diabetes, such as kidney failure, amputation, vision loss, heart failure, and stroke. DEEP has shown to improve outcomes in the following areas:
- A1C levels and systolic blood pressure
- Diabetes knowledge
- Physical activity
- Following a healthy eating plan
- Foot care
- Glucose self-monitoring
- Medication adhere
- Confidence in self-care
2019 English Classes
None at this time.
2019 Spanish Classes Ninguno a este momento.
Pre-Registration Is Required. Seminars Are Free.
Please contact Lucia Ramirez at (661) 323-3524 or [email protected].