Healing with Technology
Dignity Health is committed to getting you healed, healthy and back to your lifestyle.
Wound Care & Hyperbarics
If you are suffering the effects of a non-healing wound, Bakersfield Memorial is here to help.
Our team of doctors and nurses is dedicated to treating wounds, including many that have resisted healing after months and even years of traditional treatment, and specialize in amputation prevention.
Time doesn't necessarily heal all wounds, so it is important to know the warning signs of potentially chronic, slow-healing wounds. If you have a wound that hasn't started to get significantly better in a month, or healed entirely in two months, the Center for Wound Care and Hyperbarics can help.
We Treat All Types Of Wounds Including:
- Bone infection (osteomyelitis)
- Chronic skin tears or lacerations
- Circulatory problems
- Diabetic foot ulcers
- Failing or compromised skin or muscle grafts or flaps
- Lower leg ulcers
- Post-operative infections
- Pressure ulcers
- Radiation burns
- Slow-healing surgical wounds
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
Memorial’s Center for Wound Care and Hyperbarics treats the following conditions:
- Carbon monoxide poisoning
- Insufficient oxygen to tissue
- Blood flow interrupted by trauma
- Crush injuries and suturing of severed limbs
- Decompression illness or “The Bends”
- Diabetic wounds of the lower extremities
- Gas gangrene
- Complications from radiation exposure
- Preparation and preservation of compromised skin grafts
- Soft tissue radionecrosis
Frequently Asked Questions
Along with your doctor, finding answers to your questions can help you make informed decisions.