The stroke program at Dignity Health Central California is dedicated to the prevention, treatment, and management of all types of strokes. Our stroke centers are staffed by teams of highly skilled providers, including:
- Certified stroke nurses
- Stroke care coordinators
- Physical, occupational, and speech therapists
- Interventional radiologists
- Telestroke staff
For more information about stroke care, including treatment during the stroke and rehabilitation following it, Find a Doctor online that practices near you. We provide fast, personal care for strokes in Central California.
The Value of After Stroke Care
When most people think of a stroke, thoughts of a serious, life-threatening event usually come to mind. As the leading cause of death and disability in the US, stroke is one of the most severe complications of untreated medical conditions.
Our stroke programs provide care for a range of conditions, including:
- Transient ischemic attack (TIA), which is a mini-stroke (very common)
- Stroke, both ischemic and hemorrhage
- Arteriovenous malformation (AVM), a tangle of blood vessels in the brain
- Brain aneurysm, a bulging blood vessel in the brain which may rupture
- Subarachnoid hemorrhage, which is bleeding in the space between the brain and its protective covering
Dignity Health Central California offers stroke care at these medical centers and hospitals:
Take our online stroke risk assessment to learn more about how our doctors can help you prevent a stroke.
Our Stroke Center Services
When you need reliable stroke care for yourself or a loved one, count on Dignity Health’s certified stroke centers in Central California. Our staff members will provide the expertise and respect you deserve. All of our stroke programs adhere to clinical practice guidelines for stroke and use evidence-based practices when delivering after-stroke care. We also offer telestroke services for those who may be far from a fully-staffed facility.
Our services include:
- Stroke education for both patients and caregivers
- Clot-busting stroke medications
- Catheter-based procedures
- Statin medications for patients with bad cholesterol (LDL) of 100 mg/dL or greater
- Anticoagulant therapy for those with atrial fibrillation or flutter who’ve had an ischemic stroke
- Antithrombotic therapy for ischemic stroke patients
- Stroke rehabilitation and assessments
- Telestroke services
What to Expect at Dignity Health Central California
In the event of a stroke, call 911 or visit your nearest emergency room (ER). At Dignity Health Central California, our rapid-response teams will work to determine the cause of a stroke and its severity. Then, depending on the type, specific treatment will be delivered. Your provider will create a personalized stroke rehabilitation program to meet your needs. Learn more about stroke symptoms and treatment.
When you need to visit a stroke center in Bakersfield and Stockton, CA, come to Dignity Health Central California.