If you love playing sports or enjoy an active lifestyle, you probably are familiar with sports medicine. Our compassionate sports medicine doctors focus on preventing, diagnosing, and treating sports-related injuries with humankindness.
At Dignity Health Central California, our sports medicine specialists work with individuals, sports teams, and athletes who want to improve their fitness and athletic ability. Preventing orthopedic conditions and injuries is our goal.
Looking for a sports medicine doctor in Central California? Find a Doctor today who treats you with care, dignity, and respect so you can continue enjoying your active lifestyle.
Trusted Sports Medicine Doctors at Dignity Health Central California
When a pain or injury sidelines you from activities or sports, you want to heal as quickly as possible. Our sports medicine specialists can help restore your physical health, as well as care for your mental and spiritual needs.
You may find healing and comfort at one of our sports medicine clinics for the following conditions:
- Foot pain from bursitis, bone spurs, arthritis, and plantar fasciitis
- Back pain that happens when you exercise or play sports
- Joint and ligament injuries, including sprained ankles, knee pain, ACL injuries, tennis elbow, shoulder dislocation, frozen shoulder, and meniscal tears
- Broken or fractured bones, including fractures in your arm, wrist, leg, hand, or collarbone
- Head injuries, such as a concussion
- Tendon and muscle strains, including hamstring and groin pulls
- Skin injuries, including heat rash, blisters, and chafing
- Female athlete triad, a condition that involves not enough calorie intake, decreased bone density, and changes in your menstrual cycle
- Overuse injuries, including tendonitis, shin splints, and stress fractures
- Heat injuries, such as dehydration, heat stroke, and heat exhaustion
Your doctor will talk to you about your personal goals for healing and injury prevention. Dignity Health Central California offers a full range of sports medicine services to help you regain your strength and recovery from many orthopedic problems.
Offering Sports Medicine Physical Therapy & Advanced Treatment
Our comprehensive sports medicine specialists will personalize a treatment plan to get you moving again without pain or discomfort. Surgeons, doctors, athletic trainers, and physical therapists are here to help you reach your goals.
From offering guidance on exercising and training to healthy nutrition, our sports medicine specialists help restore your body and well-being. Other services we offer include:
- Physical therapy for fitness, movement, and strength
- Arthrocentesis to take fluid off a joint and test it for infection and other conditions
- Medications, such a steroid injections and anti-inflammatory medicines
- Rehabilitation and recovery after surgery so that you can return to exercise and sports
- Decisions on returning to play for injured or sick athletes
- Stabilization and initial treatment for serious injuries while you are on the sports field
Want to excel at your favorite sport or treat an existing condition? Contact Dignity Health Central California for caring and effective sports medicine.
Dignity Health Central California can help you excel and feel your best with sports medicine in Bakersfield, Merced, San Andreas, and Stockton, CA.