Marian Regional Medical Center
Welcome | Program and Curriculum | Directors Message | Faculty Profiles | Application Process | Resident Physician Profiles | Central Coast | Marian Regional
New. And Always Will Be.
In 2012, Marian Regional Medical Center opened a new, state-of-the-art hospital and ushered in a new era of health care for Santa Maria and the entire Central Coast. The journey to build a new, modern hospital began in response to the rapidly growing population of the Santa Maria Valley and ongoing advances in medical technology.
Since opening the new hospital, we continue to witness and hear of incredibly positive experiences for patients, their families and loved ones – all made possible by our new 191-bed, 235,000-square-foot modern facility and the dedication of our skilled health care professionals. The new hospital also features a 21-bed Newborn ICU, a 32-bed Emergency Department, an expanded Critical Care Unit, advanced cardiac services and superior imaging technology. Since opening the new Marian Regional Medical Center, hospital patient admissions have increased by 10 percent, Emergency Department visits have increased by more than 30 percent, outpatient visits have increased by five percent and 3,000 babies are born annually.
Features of Marian Regional Medical Center
With a new hospital, a large number of receptive, diverse and challenging patients and a region where others only vacation, our program will provide you with an educational experience difficult to find anywhere else.
At the Marian Family Medicine Residency Program, we embrace a passion practicing medicine. As a resident, you will be provided with a stimulating, challenging and unencumbered real world learning experience that brings community based graduate medical education to a new level. We are currently looking for the brightest, most talented and most dedicated family medicine physicians who are inspired to be pioneers and leaders. In addition to our new hospital, we also have a new resident teaching site for residents, the Dignity Health Family Medicine Center, and exceptional clinical faculty. Below are just a few reasons to make the Marian Regional Medical Center’s program your choice for residency training.
Marian Regional Medical Center is one of the California Central Coast’s most successful and rapidly growing hospitals offering numerous outpatient centers throughout the region.
- In 2012, we opened a 191-bed, state-of-the-art hospital that is more than 235,000-square-feet and features the latest in lifesaving technology.
- Our residents serve the community of Santa Maria and all the communities of the Central Coast of California.
- Our hospital is located in Santa Maria, the city with the largest population within Santa Barbara County, and offers a diverse patient population including Hispanic, Caucasian, Pacific Islander and African American ethnicities.
- Our resident teaching facility, the Dignity Health Family Medicine Center, is newly remodeled, modern and is located just steps from the new hospital’s front entrance.
- Marian is a designated Level II Trauma Center.
- Dignity Health Central Coast hospitals have each achieved Advanced Primary Stroke Center Certification by The Joint Commission. This advanced certification highlights our Dignity Health Central Coast hospitals’ continued dedication and commitment to provide excellent health care and enhanced patient care so our community does not have to travel out of the area for specialized services.
- Marian Regional Medical Center is a STEMI Receiving Center designation from Santa Barbara County's Emergency Medical Services Agency to treat ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) heart attacks.
- Marian cancer care is accredited as a Comprehensive Community Cancer Center by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer. We’ve also received a number of awards for our excellent performance, and are one of only three programs between Los Angeles and San Francisco to receive an Outstanding Achievement Award.
- Our Newborn ICU features 21 beds and is accredited as a CCS-approved Community Level NICU.
- Marian’s Emergency Department sees more than 6,000 patients every month and more than 72,000 patients annually.
- Marian offers a 95-bed skilled nursing facility on campus for both short-term and long term care.
- More than 320 physicians (primary care and specialists) have privileges at Marian Regional Medical Center.
- We offer a strong, integrated and longitudinal behavioral science curriculum focusing on assessment skills, office counseling, as well as relationship centered care.
- We have a dedicated, enthusiastic faculty, each with a variety of professional interests and skills.
- As a Dignity Health member, Marian Regional Medical Center provides excellent salary and benefits, as well as an on-site child care center.
- We are committed to providing all residents, faculty and nursing and office staff with a collegial working environment that values collaboration.
- Our strong academic curriculum emphasizes evidence-based medicine and is enhanced by didactic conferences, daily teaching rounds and educational workshops.
Even though Marian is the newest hospital on the Central Coast of California, to us, good health care is about more than a new building. It’s a promise to provide our community with exceptional medicine today, tomorrow and every day. It’s about advancing the newest, most innovative treatments and technologies to heal patients young and old. This promise means that we are always adding the latest lifesaving technology and expert physicians from the nation’s top medical schools and training programs.
That’s Marian Regional Medical Center. Harnessing the best that health care has to offer. Because medicine never stands still and neither will we.
New. And Always Will Be.
Learn More About Our Residency Program
Please contact Sarah Perry