Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
Call your doctor: If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as a cough or difficulty breathing, call your healthcare provider for medical advice. Facility visitor information, education and resources.
Your health and well-being is our top concern
What is known about coronavirus and the actions taken to reduce the spread continue to change on a regular basis. For that reason, we encourage you to check this site frequently for updates related to hospital operations. Last updated on March 27, 2020.
If You Are Sick - Call Your Doctor
Call your doctor: If you think you have been exposed to COVID-19 and develop a fever and symptoms, such as cough or mild shortness of breath, call your primary care doctor. If you are experiencing life-threatening symptoms, please call 911.
Seek medical attention if you develop emergency warning signs for COVID-19. Emergency warning signs include:
- Difficulty breathing
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- Extreme fatigue or new confusion
- Bluish lips or face
Due to significant flu-like activity in Ventura County and concerns about COVID-19, we have implemented new visitor guidelines for the safety of our patients and staff:
- These guidelines now restrict visitation to ALL patients
- Visitor restrictions for end-of-life situations will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- We encourage loved ones to utilize any personal face-time technology to communicate with a patient.
- Patients who are minors will be considered on a case-by-case basis and must be accompanied by an adult care partner at all times.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.
Temporary Department Closure
Effective immediately, the following departments will be closed until further notice:
- Athletic Training Program
- Cancer Resource Center is closed. All support groups are canceled until further notice. Personnel are available for consult via phone during regular business hour, please call 805.988.2641.
- St. John’s Boutique: Modified hours 10am - 2pm. Should this change, we will keep you informed.
- Medical Records: For record requests or other urgent needs, please call 805.988.2853.
- Volunteer Services: All volunteer activity is suspended until further notice. For more information, please contact [email protected]
ALL March Classes Postponed
To continue our efforts to socially distance and do our part to protect our community, we are postponing all classes, seminars, support groups, and hospital tours:
- Bariatric Seminars
- St. John’s Community Health Classes including the Hot Meal Distribution and Clothing Donation at St. John’s Pantry.
- Senior Wellness Programs
Our hospital is closely monitoring the coronavirus outbreak and we are in close contact with local health authorities. For more information for the public and healthcare providers on coronavirus, please visit the websites for these government agencies listed to the right and below, or call the Coronavirus Hotline: 805.465.6650.
What You Can Do
Take steps to protect yourself and your loved ones.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Put distance between yourself and other people.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Stay at home if you’re sick and limit your contact with others.
- Cover your nose and mouth when you cough or sneeze and wash your hands after.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.