It’s important to know you are in the most qualified, skilled hands when considering any type of major surgery.
Our center is accredited by the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP), a joint program of the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS).
MBSAQIP accreditation means:
- You will receive compassionate care by physicians who meet bariatric surgery criteria set by both The American College of Surgeons and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery
- The center has an established and verified commitment to patient safety
- The center is held to the highest bariatric surgical standards and have quality improvement initiatives in place
- The center participates in regular evaluations of surgical programs, ensuring we are meeting safety requirements, consistently improving processes, applying multidisciplinary approaches, and implementing standards of care defined by MBSAQIP
Marian Regional Medical Center and St. John's Regional Medical Center are Comprehensive Centers with Adolescent Accreditation under the Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP). We can perform all approved bariatric procedure types on patients of all ages.
This accreditation is separate and distinct from the adult accreditation and is awarded to Comprehensive Centers that meet the MBSAQIP Core Standards as well as those standards designated for adolescent accreditation.
Marian Regional Medical Center and St. John’s Regional Medical Center have also been designated as BlueDistinction Centers by Blue Shield of California.
Distinctions like these recognize our comprehensive and personalized approach to treating our patients and providing tools for lifelong success, including:
- Pre-surgery Education Seminars
- Physician Consultations
- Nutrition Counseling
- Exercise Planning
- Support Groups
- Post-surgery Follow-up
Learn more about weight loss surgery at Marian Regional Medical Center or St. John’s Regional Medical Center.