Chris Lawley Scholarship
Chris Lawley Scholarship Application
The Chris Lawley Memorial Scholarship for Nursing Students was established in memory of longtime St. Elizabeth Community Hospital employee, Chris Lawley, RN. It is our hope that nursing students from Tehama County will pursue their career in Tehama County at St. Elizabeth Community Hospital or other local health care facilities. Through a one-time gift, the first scholarship was awarded in 2011. Mercy Foundation North welcomes additional gifts in order to sustain The Chris Lawley Memorial Scholarship.
This $1,500 scholarship is for students who will be attending their second year of nursing school at a community college or a four-year college/university in the Fall of 2019.
- Students must be enrolled in at least the second year of a Registered Nursing Education program at a community college or four-year accredited college or university.
- Cumulative minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Demonstrated quality involvement with others via work, school activities, family, or within the community.
- Willingness to agree that, upon receiving a nursing degree, the scholarship recipient will intend to work in a nursing capacity in the healthcare industry and may elect to work in Tehama County if selected for a suitable position at St. Elizabeth Community Hospital or another healthcare facility.
- Students who meet all eligibility requirements and have submitted a completed application may be invited to participate in a panel interview in Red Bluff.
- The panel will select one student to receive the scholarship.
- Completed application
- Personal Essay
- Unofficial transcript or copy of scholarship record from high school counselor
- Copy of most recent semester grades
- Two letters of recommendation (one from a current teacher and one from another adult outside of the classroom, who is not a family member)
- May 1, 2019
Contact Randi Slaughter
Mercy Foundation North