- You will be asked to follow the Limited Carbohydrate diet for the previous 24 hours before the date of your appointment.
- Do not eat or drink anything, except water, for 6 hours before the exam. You may drink water, as much water as you can would be helpful, until arrival.
- Avoid strenuous exercise the day prior to your appointment.
- Routine medications may be taken, unless you have been instructed otherwise. If you are diabetic, you may take your diabetes medication no less than 4 hours prior to the exam.
- Arrive 15-30 minutes before your PET scan.
- The technologist will verify your identification and exam requested.
- You will be given a contrast screening form to complete.
- In certain situations, the doctor may order lab tests prior to contrast being given.
- Commonly, contrast is injected into a vein to better define the images throughout the body. If the radiologist believes this is helpful, a small intravenous (IV) line is placed in an arm vein. Through this line, the contrast and the isotope will be injected. The contrast will be excreted through your kidneys.
We are open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Please call (530) 529-8280 to make an appointment.
Question about Your Exam?
If you have a question about your exam, please call our department at (530) 529-8280.