A tumor in the urinary bladder is known as bladder cancer. There are several types of bladder cancer, and the symptoms are usually the same for each type. Expert oncologists at Dignity Health North State can diagnose and identify the stage and type of bladder cancer for the most precise treatment.
Find a Doctor near you who’s experienced in evaluating your bladder cancer symptoms in Northern California. At our oncology centers, cancer care is a personalized experience where healing your entire wellbeing is the focus.
Expert Evaluation of Bladder Cancer Symptoms at Dignity Health North State
The symptoms of bladder cancer usually start in the beginning stages of the disease. Once the tumor advances, additional symptoms may appear. Always report early-stage symptoms of bladder cancer to your doctor at Dignity Health North State.
- Trouble urinating
- Pain or burning sensation during urination
- Frequent or urgent need to urinate
- Weak urine stream
- Blood in the urine (hematuria), which causes pink, orange, or rusty urine
Late-stage bladder symptoms include:
- Unable to urinate
- Swollen feet
- Bone pain
- Appetite and unintentional weight loss
These symptoms may come and go over the course of weeks or months. Talk to your doctor at the first sign of abnormal body changes or changes in urination.
How We Diagnose the Signs of Bladder Cancer
The symptoms of bladder cancer are also present in other conditions, so our trained doctors will use a combination of procedures to reach an accurate diagnosis.
You can expect your doctor to perform the following diagnostic exams to understand your symptoms:
- Cystoscopy, an exam that involves inserting a tube into your bladder
- Urine testing, including a urinalysis and urine culture
- A thorough medical history and physical exam
- Imaging exams, including X-rays, CT scan, or MRI scan
Fortunately, almost half of all bladder cancers are detected at an early, treatable stage. Trust the robust cancer care services at Dignity Health North State for a quality diagnosis, treatment, and support.