Chandler Regional’s Birthing Center includes:
Antepartum Care Chandler Regional’s dedicated antepartum unit provides care for expectant moms requiring hospitalization and monitoring during pregnancy. We partner with Dignity Health’s™ Fetal Diagnostics, a perinatologists group of high-risk specialists, to consult with your doctor about your care. The perinatologists are on call and available around the clock and can provide specialized ultrasounds as needed.
Our birthing center antepartum rooms are filled with amenities such as magazines, scrapbooking, puzzles and movies to keep you comfortable during your stay.
Labor, Delivery and Recovery Family Birth Center suites are designed for your comfort and care during labor, delivery, recovery and postpartum stay. Each suite features a multi-position birthing bed, private bathroom with a shower, and state-of-the-art fetal monitoring system among other equipment necessary to provide quality care for you and your baby.
Special Care Nursery Our certification allows us to care for babies 28 weeks gestation and older. The Birthing Center has highly skilled nurses with experience caring for newborns requiring extra monitoring. A neonatal nurse practitioner, with training to handle any emergency that may arise during labor or delivery, is on site at all times.
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Chandler Regional’s neonatal intensive care unit provides special monitoring for babies who are very sick or were born prematurely. Our twelve private NICU rooms provide overnight accommodations for one caregiver and feature a private restroom/shower.
Additional Birthing Center Features
- Surgical suite specially designed for birth via Cesarean section
- Our Family Birth Center is a locked secure unit—matching armbands will be placed on you, your baby and your support person. Your baby will also wear an alarm-activated ankle monitor
- Lactation and breastfeeding support—while at the Birthing Center and follow-up care after you go home
- Comfortable overnight sleeping accommodations for your support person
- Free WiFi in the Family Birth Center and throughout the hospital
- GetWellNetwork—interactive system you access through your TV featuring movies, games and Internet, as well as education about you and your baby
- Naptime every day to allow uninterrupted rest and bonding with your baby
Learn More About Chandler Regional’s Family Birth Center
Take our free Birthing Center tour and see all that we have to offer. For tour dates and times or additional information about our Family Birth Center, please call (480) 728-5414.