What Our Program Offers
St. Mary’s Diabetes Services provide interpreters who speak Chinese, Vietnamese, Spanish, and Cambodian. Interpretation for other languages is also available.
In our program, you will learn:
- How to control your blood sugar
- Role of medications, diet and exercise
- How to use blood glucose testing equipment
- Insulin injection techniques
- How to shop and cook for a healthy diet
- How to prevent complications
You will benefit from our program:
- If you are newly diagnosed
- If you have questions about diabetes
- If you are changing treatments
- If you have a family history of diabetes
- If you care for someone with diabetes
Our Free Weekly Classes
St. Mary’s Medical Center is the only hospital in San Francisco that offers free weekly classes and has an outpatient education program accredited by the American Diabetes Association. Ask your doctor for a referral to see one of our diabetes educators if you need support or want more information about the management of your diabetes care.
Learn More About Us
To learn more about our Diabetes Services, please call us at 415.750.5513.