St. Joseph's Awards
St. Joseph's Executive Leadership
History of St. Joseph's
St. Joseph's Mission, Vision and Values
Press Center and News
Research and Education
Please enter a valid email
Password does not match.
The Spiritual Services Department provides support for patients, families and staff and helps them to identify and use their spiritual resources, regardless of whether an individual is affiliated with a particular faith.
Services include the following:
St. Joseph’s Marian Chapel was constructed in 1955, two years after the hospital opened in its current location at Thomas Road and Third Avenue.
As the center of the life of the Sisters of Mercy religious community, the Chapel was built between the convent and the hospital so that the Sisters could pass through the Chapel on their way to and from the hospital. Although the convent no longer exists, St. Joseph’s remains an important part of the life of the Sisters of Mercy in Phoenix. It has undergone several renovations since its construction, including a recent new paint, stained glass windows and furniture.
If you would like to help with the renovation process, please call St. Joseph’s Foundation at 602.406.3041.
In 2001, John and Doris Norton donated $1 million for the creation of the Healing Garden at St. Joseph’s. The one-acre-plus garden is located west of the Barrow Neurosciences Tower. The Healing Garden features meandering paths, desert plants, water features and art sculptures. It is a quiet sanctuary for patients, visitors, doctors and staff.
There is a meditation room located on the 6th floor, from the Camelback Elevators.
For more information on our spiritual services, please call 602.406.3275.