Health Net of Arizona Contracts with Dignity Health
Dignity Health, Arizona service area has been in negotiations with Health Net of Arizona regarding reimbursement rates and other contract terms for all Arizona entities. In order to continue its mission of delivering excellent, compassionate care to patients, Dignity Health must obtain reasonable compensation from insurance companies in order to provide the quality care that patients require and deserve.
After months of good faith negotiations, Dignity Health and Health Net did not reach agreement on contracts covering commercial HMO, commercial PPO, and Medicare Advantage and AHCCCS products. The Dignity Health contracts with Health Net will expire at 11:59 p.m. on May 19, 2017. Patients who have Ambetter Health Net coverage are not affected.
Dignity Health recognizes the impact this may have on some of its patients, physicians and hospitals, as well as employers in the communities served by its hospitals. Patients with Health Net coverage should contact Health Net for information regarding options for their future care. Dignity Health is committed to facilitating the smooth transition for all affected.
As of 11:59 p.m. on May 19, 2017, the following Dignity Health providers will no longer have a contract with Health Net of Arizona:
- St. Joseph’s Hospital and Medical Center
- Chandler Regional Medical Center
- Mercy Gilbert Medical Center
- St. Joseph’s Westgate Medical Center
- Dignity Health Medical Group
- Arizona Orthopedic and Surgical Specialty Hospital
- Southwest Orthopedic and Spine Hospital (OA)SIS
- Arizona Spine and Joint Hospital
- Arizona General Hospital in Laveen and the Arizona General free standing emergency departments
- Dignity Health Urgent Care Centers in Ahwatukee, Gilbert, Queen Creek and Maricopa.
- SimonMed/SMI Imaging, LLC
- One Medical Group
Publish date:Friday, May 19, 2017