If you have an advanced lung or chest disease, you need specialized medical care from experts in the field. Norton Thoracic Institute offers just that — a medical team with extensive knowledge and experience in treating rare, difficult and complex diseases of the lung and chest.
Millions of people in the United States have lung disease. In fact, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that more than one in seven individuals over the age of 40 has some type of lung disorder. For some, lung disease causes only mild breathing problems, but for others, lung disease severely impacts everyday life.
“We are proud to offer comprehensive care for severe lung disease. Norton Thoracic Institute is the largest lung disease program in the Southwest and includes an internationally known lung transplant program—one of the largest in the nation and the world,” says Dr. Rajat Walia, Division Chief of Pulmonary Disease and Medical Director of Thoracic Transplantation at NTI. “Our experience and resources allow us to offer world-class care to the patients we treat.”
If you have one of the following lung or chest disorders, we encourage you to learn all you can about your condition:
At Norton Thoracic Institute, you will receive care in a specialty clinic that is staffed and equipped to diagnose and treat your particular problem. The following clinics and services are part of comprehensive care programs:
- Adult Cystic Fibrosis and Bronchiectasis Clinic
- Advanced Lung Disease Clinic (treating chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, severe asthma, autoimmune lung disease, hypoxia, hemoptysis, pleural effusion)
- Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency Clinic
- Interstitial Lung Disease and Pulmonary Fibrosis Clinic
- Lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM) Clinic
- Pulmonary Hypertension Clinic
- Lung Cancer Program, including the Lung Cancer Screening Program
- Other rare disorders of the chest
- Second opinions for chest disorders.
The pulmonologists, surgeons, nurses and other health professionals in each clinic stay on the cutting edge of new treatment options, so you know you’re receiving the best available care. Our goal is to partner with you in managing your disease so that you can have the highest possible quality of life.
Norton Thoracic Institute is recognized by several national lung organizations:
- The Alpha-1 Foundation has designated Norton Thoracic Institute an Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Clinical Resource Center. Visit www.alpha1.org to learn more.
- The Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation has designated Norton Thoracic Institute as a Care Center for patients with pulmonary fibrosis. Visit http://www.pulmonaryfibrosis.org/life-with-pf/find-medical-care.
- The LAM Foundation has approved the Norton Thoracic Institute as a treatment center providing exemplary care for patients with lymphangioleiomyomatosis (LAM). You can learn more about this condition and new treatment options at www.thelamfoundation.org.
- Norton Thoracic Institute includes a lung cancer screening for high-risk patients. To learn more about this program, accredited by the American College of Radiology, click here.
Learn about Your Condition
Norton Thoracic Institute diagnoses and treats many different disorders of the lung and chest. Well-informed patients are better equipped to make sound decisions together with their healthcare provider, so we encourage you to learn all you can about your disease as a first step in managing and treating your condition.
To learn more about the disorders we treat, please click here.
Learn About Our Services for Lung and Chest Diseases
Learn more about our services by calling (602) 406-9100 or emailing [email protected].