What is a Patient Navigator?
Having someone who can help guide you through the surgical experience before, during and after your hospital stay is important. At Dominican Hospital in Santa Cruz, our ortho-spine Patient Navigator is available to focus on you, answering any questions and providing the support you need.
Patient Navigator Roles and Responsibilities
- Answer any questions before, during, and after your surgery.
- Facilitates communication with your care team, including surgeons, nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, pharmacists, and care coordinators to create a care plan and support your needs during recovery.
- Makes referrals to community resources including home health, private caregiving services, medical equipment, and other services, as needed.
- Provide an ongoing assessment of your needs and communication any changes to your care team.
- Provide basic information about private insurance, Medicare, and Medi-Cal coverage that can affect your acute and post-hospital care.
- Register you for our Total Joint Care class or alternative education to prepare you for surgery.
Learn More About our Patient Navigator at Dominican Hospital in Santa Cruz
For more information about our ortho-spine Patient Navigator, please call (831) 462-7597. For a physician referral, call (831) 462-7700 or use our search tool to Find a Doctor.
1555 Soquel Drive
Santa Cruz, CA 95065