What is a Patient Navigator?
Having someone who can help guide you through the surgical experience
before, during and after your hospital stay is important. At Dominican Hospital in Santa Cruz, our ortho-spine
Patient Navigator is available to focus on you, answering any questions and providing the support you need.
Patient Navigator Roles and Responsibilities
- Answer any questions before, during, and after your surgery.
- Facilitates communication with your care team, including surgeons, nurses, physical therapists, occupational therapists, pharmacists, and care coordinators to create a care plan and support your needs during recovery.
- Makes referrals to community resources including home health, private caregiving services, medical equipment, and other services, as needed.
- Provide an ongoing assessment of your needs and communication any changes to your care team.
- Provide basic information about private insurance, Medicare, and Medi-Cal coverage that can affect your acute and post-hospital care.
- Register you for our Total Joint Care class or alternative education to prepare you for surgery.
Learn More About Our Ortho-Spine Patient Navigators at Dominican Hospital in Santa Cruz
For more information about our ortho-spine Patient Navigators, please call (831) 462-7597. For a physician referral, call (855) 489-4580 or use our search tool to Find a Doctor.
1555 Soquel Drive
Santa Cruz, CA 95065