Interventional endoscopy allows for minimally invasive treatment of complex gastrointestinal conditions. The advent of interventional endoscopy has helped transform the management strategies for many digestive disorders, including gastrointestinal cancers. Interventional endoscopy can help patients avoid surgery, or provide a solution to some of the long-term effects associated with traditional surgery. In most cases, procedures are performed on an outpatient basis, and patients can return to regular activities immediately.
Condition and Diseases Treated
- Premalignant and early GI cancers
- Barrett’s esophagus
- Obstructive GI cancers
- Benign strictures
- Pancreas and biliary cancers
- Bile and pancreatic stones
- Vascular Therapy (varices, etc.)
- Non Variceal Bleeding
- Treatment of GI Fistulae, leaks, strictures (including post-surg)
- Zenker’s diverticulum
- Endoscopic therapy of GERD
- Endoscopic bariatric procedures
Find A Doctor Who Specializes In Interventional Endoscopy
To find a doctor who specializes in Interventional Endoscopy, visit our online Find a Doctor tool.