If you’re suffering from conditions involving your lungs or respiratory system, we can help diagnose, evaluate, and provide treatment.
The Respiratory Care Services Department at Sequoia Hospital is comprised of specially trained Respiratory Care Practitioners (RCP) who work under a doctor’s order to provide health care planning, evaluation, and treatment of patients with cardiac and pulmonary disorders. RCPs also assist patients and their families with instruction on respiratory homecare therapy and associated equipment.
Respiratory Care Services
Our patients have a wide variety of breathing issues, and we provide respiratory care 24/7, to patients ranging in age from newborn to seniors.
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Interstitial lung diseases
- Lung cancer
- Assist physicians with bronchoscopy procedures
- Arterial blood gas collections
- Adult and neonatal mechanical ventilation
- Administration and education of bipap and cpap
- Aerosol therapy education and administration
- Meter dose inhaler education and administration
- Chest percussion and postural drainage
- Oxygen delivery and weaning
- Pulse oximetry studies
- Breathing retraining
- PEP therapy
- Patient ventilated transports
- Respond to medical response team calls
- Resuscitation procedures
- Sputum induction
- Assist on infant deliveries
Pulmonary rehabilitation is a program that helps people with chronic lung diseases, such as COPD, emphysema, and chronic bronchitis, lead full and satisfying lives and restore them to their highest functional capacity.
- Decreasing respiratory symptoms and complications
- Encouraging self-management and control over daily functioning
- Improving physical conditioning and exercise performance
- Improving emotional well-being
- Reducing hospitalizations
Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT) LabThe Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT) Laboratory provides diagnostic screening and state-of-the-art testing that assists our medical staff in the diagnosis of lung conditions such as pulmonary fibrosis, emphysema, asthma, and chronic bronchitis.
- Basic to Comprehensive Pulmonary Function Testing
- Diffusing Capacity
- High Altitude Simulation Test
- Bronchoprovocation Methacholine Challenge
- Walking Oxygen Study
- Body Plethysmography
We're Here to Help You Breathe Better
Each member of our team is a Registered Respiratory Therapist and a licensed Respiratory Care Practitioner.
Every practitioner is credentialed by the National Board for Respiratory Care and is licensed by the State of California. Each RCP also holds BLS, ACLS, NRP, and PALS certifications. In addition, staff members receive simulation-based training from Stanford’s Center for Advanced Pediatric Education (CAPE). The department strives to provide the highest quality of respiratory care services to the community. We have been recognized by The American Association in 2015 for Respiratory Care with The Quality Respiratory Care Recognition Award.