Thank you for your interest in the San Francisco Orthopedic Residency Program's (SFORP) clerkship at St. Mary’s Medical Center. We offer (4) four-week clerkships for students currently attending school for a medical degree. If you are interested in applying, please submit the following:
- Medical Student Affiliation Agreement*
- Certificate of Insurance from Medical School
- Application for Clerkship
- Medical Student Contact Information
- Copies of (2) step TB/PPD Tests; First TB must be within one year of rotation and Second TB must be within 3 months of rotation.
- Current Immunization Records and Mask Fit Test within current year (will only accept 1860 Kimberly Clark or 3M N95)
- USMLE Step 1 Scores
- Current CV
- 1/2 page summary: Please describe your specific interest in orthopaedic surgery and include your reasons for wanting to participate in an elective rotation at SFORP. We also recommend that you take this opportunity to include important information about yourself that you would like to share with our Program Director, Dr. William McGann.
To expedite the application process, submit paperwork by fax email (recommended), or mail to:
San Francisco Orthopedic Residency Program
ATTN: TRACY WILSON
St. Mary's Medical Center Department of Orthopedics
450 Stanyan Street
San Francisco, CA 94117
Office: (415) 750-5782
Email: [email protected] (Recommended)
Clerkships are scheduled from July 1 through November 30.
We start accepting applications on February 1.
The deadline for submitting complete applications is April 1. *We require a medical student affiliation agreement (contract) with your school prior to final approval of your rotation and your application will be pending until receipt of this agreement. Due to the extended processing time of the agreement, and if we do not currently have an agreement in place with your school, we advise you to reserve re-fundable airline tickets in the event your student contract is not approved or finalized. You may submit your portion of the application via email or fax, and have your school send the forms they are required to complete separately.
After you are approved to participate in our orthopedic surgery clerkship program, you will:
- Receive an initial email confirmation notification from the program coordinator confirming your requested dates of rotation
- Receive an email from HireRight via email with instructions to complete an online background clearance 4 weeks prior to starting rotation (required)
- Receive a final confirmation with details and logistics of the rotation after we receive your background clearance and finalized contract
We do our best to accommodate students with preferred dates, however our clerkship rotations are prioritized on a first come first serve basis for approved students. We do not charge a fee for this elective rotation.
We hope the clerkship fulfills your elective rotation goals while making your stay with SFORP a memorable experience.