During your child’s stay with us, we hope to meet their needs and yours. Their safety – both physically and emotionally – is always our major concern. Here is some important information you may find helpful.
Who We Serve
- We serve adolescents ages 11-17 who are placed on psychiatric holds.
- Adolescents admitted to the program must be referred to us from an emergency room or crisis center.
Our Address And Contact Information
- Our physical address is 2200 Hayes Street, San Francisco, CA 94117.
- Our mailing address is St. Mary’s Hospital, Unit 5N, 450 Stanyan St., San Francisco, CA 94117.
- Our phone number is (415) 750-5649. Please feel free to call us at any time. You may also reach your child at this same number.
Visiting Hours And Information
- Visiting times are 6:45 - 7:45 p.m. every day with an additional hour from 2 - 3 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Phone times for the adolescents are 8 - 9 a.m., 12:15 - 1 p.m., 5:15 - 6 p.m., and during visiting hours. No cell phone use is permitted on the unit.
- Visits are limited to the immediate family only. Examples include parents, grandparents, and siblings over age 11. Visiting times are limited because patients are involved in a variety of individual and group therapies most of the day and evening.
- Please feel free to bring in food items for your child during visiting. No caffeinated beverages or chewing gum is allowed. You must take home any food not eaten during the visit.
- Please bring or send your child with a change of clothing. If this is not possible, your child will be provided with hospital clothing and basic toiletries.
- Please do not send items with strings (except sneakers which can be used during supervised exercise), sharp objects, electronics/phones, or valuables. The hospital cannot assume responsibility for expensive items that are lost.
- If your child is on any medications, please contact us at (415) 750-5649.
- Please do not follow the ambulance here. Your child will have the opportunity to call you when their admission is complete, and you can visit at the next visiting hour.
- Due to privacy concerns, we may ask for personal information to identify you or your adolescent. Thank you in advance for your understanding.
For More Information
Please do not hesitate to call us if you have any questions. We are here to help. You can reach us at (415) 750-5649.