Your arm consists of bones, joints, muscles, blood vessels, nerves, and other tissues. Damage or injury to any of the parts of the arm can cause an arm condition. Arm conditions or injuries treated at Dignity Health hospitals include:
- Bicep tendon injury or strain
- Broken arm, including fractures of the upper arm bone, wrist, shoulder, elbow, forearm, and hand
- Elbow conditions and injuries, including bursitis and tennis elbow
- Hand and wrist conditions and injuries, including carpal tunnel syndrome
- Shoulder conditions and injuries, including torn rotator cuff, dislocated shoulder, and arthritis
- Tricep tendon injury or strain
You can receive the high-quality orthopedic care you deserve at Dignity Health. Our goal is to relieve your pain and get you back to your normal activities — offering personal care each and every step of the way. For diagnosis and treatment of an arm condition or injury in the Bay Area, Find a Doctor online or call (888) 533-8760 today.
For a traumatic arm injury, call 9-1-1 for emergency medical attention. It allows you to select your estimated hospital arrival time and wait at home until your time to be seen.
Common Arm Injury Symptoms
Bone, joint, and muscle pain are the most common symptoms of arm conditions or injuries. Other symptoms can include:
- Limited range of motion
- Swelling and warmth
- Visible deformity with a fracture or dislocation
Causes of Common Arm Conditions & Injuries
Many common arm conditions, such as tendon injury or strain, are the result of repetitive motions or overuse injuries. These tend to be chronic problems that may come and go over time or last several weeks. The main cause of broken bones and fractures is trauma.
Treatment for Arm Conditions & Injuries at Dignity Health
Our experts provide specialized treatment options based on the severity and type of arm injury. Many arm conditions and injuries respond to:
Dignity Health in the Bay Area offers specialized orthopedic care for arm injuries at these hospitals:
Rely on us to do everything we can to help you heal from your arm injury or condition in the Bay Area.
Dignity Health provides trusted orthopedic care for all types of arm conditions and injuries in San Francisco, Santa Cruz, and Redwood City.