Treating Orthopedic Conditions
Orthopedic conditions affect the musculoskeletal system — your joints, muscles, tendons, ligaments, bones, and nerves.
At Dignity Health, our Bay Area orthopedic specialists are ready to get you moving again. We offer unparalleled orthopedic care at these four convenient locations:
- Dominican Hospital
- Saint Francis Memorial Hospital
- Sequoia Hospital
- St. Mary’s Medical Center
Common orthopedic conditions we treat include:
- Arm conditions and injuries
- Back pain
- Elbow conditions and injuries
- Foot and ankle conditions and injuries
- Hand conditions and injuries
- Hip conditions and injuries
- Joint conditions and injuries
- Knee injuries
- Neck conditions and injuries
- Shoulder conditions and injuries
- Spine conditions and injuries
- Wrist conditions and injuries
To find relief from orthopedic conditions in the Bay Area, use our online Find a Doctor tool.
Common Causes of Orthopedic Conditions
The causes of your orthopedic condition depends on the specific problem. Common causes of orthopedic conditions include:
- Repetitive motion
- Wear and tear due to aging
Signs You Have an Orthopedic Condition
Signs and symptoms of orthopedic conditions can include:
- Bone pain
- Deformity of the affected area
- Joint pain
- Limited range of motion
- Muscle pain
Trusted Treatment for Orthopedic Conditions at Dignity Health
Our treatment strategies for orthopedic conditions depend on your medical history, risk factors, and specific condition. Ice, rest, and anti-inflammatory medications improve many conditions. Your Dignity Health doctor may also choose to use corticosteroid shots, prescription medications, physical therapy, or orthopedic surgery as a part of your specialized treatment plan.
Rely on our experts to find a way to get you back to your normal activities — without the pain. For a doctor referral, call (866) 466-1401 today.
Dignity Health offers complete care for orthopedic conditions in the Bay Area, including San Francisco, Santa Cruz, and Redwood City.